Principles of Finance
Great projects may not get funded. Managers need to be able to convince C-suite officers that investment in their projects will contribute to the company’s value. This course focuses on financial techniques used in making business decisions. Fundamental principles of finance provide students with the basic tools necessary to analyze how managers evaluate investment and financing options. Students learn how to use a variety of capital budgeting techniques that shed light on the financial impact of project choice and how to build the financial business case. This course is involves a lot of number crunching. The course uses a combination of lecture, videos readings, exercises and case analysis.
• Use time value of money techniques for personal financial planning
• Calculate cost and benefits used in capital budgeting.
• Determine inputs and calculate a company’s discount rate
• Apply capital budgeting techniques and use results to choose the best projects
• Apply Cost Volume Profit Analysis
90723 or 95715